Microsoft Partners in Learning hosts national and regional events throughout the year that recognize innovative educators and school leaders. These competitions culminate in the Partners in Learning Global Forum.
This year’s Global Forum will took place in Prague, Czech Republic from November 28 – December 1, 2012. The Global Forum brought together more than 500 of the most innovative teachers, school leaders, education leaders, and government officials from 75 countries.
On December 1, 2012, at Prague Castle, Partners in Learning announced the teachers and learning activities that won best practices awards at the Global Forum.
All of the learning activities were reviewed by an international panel of educators using a 21st century skills rubric.
1. US – Doing business in Birmingham, Pauline Roberts and Rick Joseph
2. Singapore – Impactful Online Service Learning, Chen Siyun
3. Germany – Creating Fairytale-Radioplays, Holger Fröhlich
Knowledge building and critical thinking
1. Northern Ireland – Infinity Architecture, David Allan Young
2. Malaysia – The Journalist, Zamimah Binti Azaman
3.Lebanon – The Warak Warak Method, Youssr CHEDIAC
Beyond the classroom
1. Jordan – Glimmer of Hope, Ghadeer Obiedat and Rania Obiedat
2. Canada – little hands big world, Devon Caldwell & Leah Obach
3. Brazil – Ecoweb, Margarida Telles da Cruz
3. UK – The Hit Squad, Katie Boothman
Cutting edge use of ICT
1. UK – Kodu in The Klassroom, Nicki Maddams
2. US, “LYNC”ing Distance Learning Math Classes to Blind and Visually Impaired Students, Robin Lowell and Sherry Hah
3. Australia – Playing. Designing. Learning. Using Games and Project-Based Learning to Develop Creative, Innovative and Independent Learners, Alice Leung
Teacher as a change agent
1. Pakistan – Aqua Crunch, Munazza Riaz Butt
2. Nigeria – Rescue Mission, Ayodele Odeogbola
3. Cyprus – Online and Community-Based Research on Recycling Practices, Maria Loizou Raouna
1. Portugal – Oratio Classroom, João Carlos Ramalheiro
2. Macedonia – Fun, Education, Stop Motion Animation, Darko Taleski , Sofija Grabulovksa
3. US – What’s up Egypt, Todd LaVogue
Please join us in congratulating all our school leaders and teachers who attended the event this year and who are making a difference in their student’s lives and communities around the world every day.
For more information: Follow the link please : http://www.pil-network.com/Discussion/2183af04-5f23-49c1-8c49-c3063eaca1f8
Microsoft Innovative Educator,